Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tax Return, Baby!

Who doesn't love tax season? Oh you think I'm being sarcastic? That's understandable. I bet when you hear most people say that, they are being sarcastic.

Well, I'm not! I love tax season. This may be because I own zero property, have no husband, and no children. So I claim ZERO on my taxes every single year. I work hard, and for most of the year they take up to $150 out of my already small check each week. Sure, I complain about it during the year, but when February rolls around, I prefer to look it as a personal savings account that I can't touch but once a year!

For the third year in a row now, I am getting a lovely sum of money back. What do I do with it? Well of course, the first hunk goes to paying necessities like six months of my car insurance. Boom. Don't have to worry about that for a while. After that comes the fun stuff! Last year I bought myself a new bed. This year, I bought myself a new car stereo system, and the rest (still, a huge amount of money to even consider spending on myself) goes to a new wardrobe.

Now, I know what you may be thinking. You're thinking "Bizzelle, you're splurging! Couldn't you spend that money on something more productive?" You know what I have to say? Shove it! I work hard all year, rarely spending money on myself. If I have extra money, it goes toward extra food, or items for my home. Man, a pair of jeans that actually fit sounds really good right about now. Three pairs sounds even better.

Tax season rules.

No comments: