Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Today

Hi everyone. I know I haven't written in a long time, but this really struck me today, and I had to share it with you. Today I was at Saver's with my mom looking at Halloween costumes and other fall goodies. We were checking out and the cashier asked my beautiful 40-something mother if she qualified for the senior citizen discount. I was so insulted for her! She shook it off really quickly but I just could not get over his rudeness. He didn't even look at her. You'd have to be an idiot to think my mom was that old. I tried to make him aware of his faux-pas by saying things about how young and beautiful she is, but he didn't even look up. On the way out I told her to wait there I'd go get her walker. My mom pretty much had to drag me out of the store to stop me from talking to the manager. I was so outraged. My mom is beautiful and young and vibrant and how dare anyone make her feel any different.

No comments: